Easy 5-Minute Almost Cheesecake Dessert
photo by Hipfan
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or blueberry pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (oven rack set to lowest bottom position).
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- In the baking dish melt the butter inside the oven.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle the cracker crumbs in the melted butter, stir well; press on the bottom of the baking dish to form a crust.
- Bake the graham crust in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Spread evenly over the crumb/crust.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly over the cream layer (don't worry if it sinks a bit, it will all bake together).
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 25-30 minutes, or until set (don't over bake).
- Serve warm or chill overnight (this will firm up and develop in flavor if left in the refrigerator overnight).
- ** This dessert is very good so you might want to consider doubling it -- this can be easily doubled and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, double the canned pie filling too and bake it for just a couple minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this today with several changes to make suitable for our weight watchers diet. First of all, I omitted the crust, then used part greek yogurt and part light sour cream as well as fat-free sweetened condensed milk. I also added an egg as suggested by another user. I baked it plain like this and then topped with a homemade strawberry topping when serving. It was delicious and I'm sure will be even better tomorrow. Pretty amazing that it set up with no cream cheese. Thanks for posting!