Easy 1 - 2 - 3 Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 pie crust, partially baked (Linda's Fantabulous Food Processor Pie Crust)
- 1 cup meat and vegetables, diced fine and cooked
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, large
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more or less)
- 1 -2 tablespoon herbs (of your choice.)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350* and position the rack to the lower third position or use a pizza stone in the lower third of the oven. Get it good and hot.
- Partially bake your pie crust in a 9 inch pan (see Recipe #300887). Use lots of beans inside of foil to help hold the shape (I use the same old lentil beans and fill the foil to the top). Bake for about 10 minutes. I usually lay a piece of foil over the top so the edges don't burn.
- Make the custard by beating the half and half, eggs and seasonings together.
- Stir in your favorite fillings and pour into your partially baked pie shell or layer the fillings for a pretty presentation. (yeah, take the beans out first) and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- I always saute the veggies and herbs in butter and olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon minced herbs,1/2 cup sauteed leeks, 6 slices of blanched, rinsed and diced bacon patted dry and fried and 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese and topped with plum tomato slices.
- 1/2 cup finely diced baked ham sauteed with 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese with 1 Tablespoon minced herbs.
- 10 slices of roma tomatoes for the top and 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs.
- You can add leftover veggies from last night's dinner such as steamed broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, whatever you have.
- This recipe is easy to turn into a Mexican dish, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, whatever your mood dictates.
- Add a salad and it makes a nice lunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello Zaars and Zaarinas! Thank all of you who tried my 'memory' recipes and left such nice reviews and for taking such lovely pictures. I do appreciate your comments. My pet peeves about cooking are recipe reviews where the reviewer says, "I made the recipe exactly as written EXCEPT yada yada yada" and I don't like suggestive names or titles such as, "Better Than Sex". I don't know why anyone would eat anything that is 'sinful' or 'decadent' since decadent is described as being decaying. Also, PAP-RI-KA only has 3 syllables. VINAIGRETTE is pronounced vin-a-grette, not vinager-ette. It's mas-car-pone not mars-ca-pone. And I don't like cutesy adult baby talk,,, or metro chic names like delish, nutrish, yummo, sammy, BAM! Oh well, I make as many, or more, faux pas as the next guy especially in ASL! Things that crack me up are: DH Fred from youtube.com Nick, my nephew Fish and Poi song as performed by PoiBoi My possum recipe per the song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvL4-srt6U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbyM8k7e2Q wow this is good! my Doggie Little Yellow Petey Bird on youtube My BFF's. all of them and there are so many! and my little Sister Mary Beth. She has MS and Lupus and a great attitude. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">