Easter Sausage Ensemble
photo by DayJahView
- Ready In:
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 8 ounces kielbasa (fresh, homemade and blessed by a priest or clergy)
- 30 ounces black beans (2 cans, rinsed)
- 30 ounces great northern beans (2 cans, rinsed)
- 1 cup spinach (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 small yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small green zucchini (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce (tomato)
- 1 teaspoon black beans in garlic sauce (from an oriental market)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (Hunts Zesty and Spicy)
- Cook pasta according to package directions (approximately 10 minutes) then drain. Meanwhile cook the sausage covered in 1/2 inch water in a non stick fry pan on high until done (approximately 10 minutes). Cool, halve lengthwise and slice very thin. In large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. When ready to serve, placed about 12 ounces in a bowl (I use salad plates) and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired or extra tomato sauce and a dash of basil. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Prior to my ever hearing about the movie Julie and Julia, realeased August, 2009, I came up with an idea to make 52 different Sunday dinners at my house over the course of one year. Present would always be my saintly common-law husband Peter, my beloved 29-year-old son Elijah and his ever-thoughtful girlfriend Sabrina carrying my precious grand-darling Arianna along with any family or close friends who happen to be in town. I only half realized the great challenge before me as I tended to eat a very limited diet on a day-to-day basis. Thanks to Recipezaar I've simplified this challenge somewhat with the ingredient search engine alone. While never copying anyone's recipe exactly, I've been inspired by the volume and variety of delicious-sounding dishes at my fingertips. I Thank all contributors for taking the time to share. I'm approaching week 34 tomorrow. Thus far, based on the kids' weekly ratings, I have two five stars!! I'll publish them soon. In the meantime, Happy Cooking!