MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
When I first found this recipe I was intrigued by the name. It's become a family favorite.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by the directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by the directions)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for by the directions)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Grease 9x13 cake pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover bottom of pan with nuts and coconut.
- Mix cake as directed on package.
- Pour cake batter over nuts and coconut.
- Mix margarine and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Spoon over the cake batter.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Turn upside down on plates.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I picked this to make because of it's name! I hope it doesn't give nature any ideas..anyway. It was an instant hit with the boys. They mentioned it wasn't pretty, but it was VERY tasty. (Anyone else have a hard time frosting cakes?) Needless to say I had the oven light on and I had fun watching it cook. I thought of volcanos! It bubbles and quakes. I did find that next time I make this I will keep the sugar/cream cheese/ butter mixture away from the edges. Makes it not so crusty on the edges. So good..gonna go have a piece now!Reply
Chocolate, my favorite! And a bit of ooey, gooey goodness inside. This will be made several times at my house. Kids loved it, heck, we all did. When turned upside down on plate to serve, it is pretty to give it a light dusting or sprinkle of powdered sugar. That is, IF the plate isn't snatched up as soon as the cake hits it.Reply
see 4 more