Eagle Brand Old-Fashioned Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in measuring cup. Place cup in a pan of hot water to dissolve gelatin.
- In large bowl, combine Eagle Brand, milk and vanilla. Add gelatin; mix well.
- Cool 1 hour in fridge until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Whip cream and fold into Eagle Brand mixture.
- Place mixture in 1 quart freezer container and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
- *For the best flavor, soften slightly before eating… and enjoy ! GOURMET CHOCOLATE: In place of vanilla, melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Stir into Eagle Brand before adding milk and gelatin. GOURMET STRAWBERRY: In place of milk and vanilla, add 1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries (cooked for 4 minutes) to Eagle Brand mixture before freezing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.