E-Z Red Beans & Rice
My husband is from south Louisiana and I've had to learn to cook Cajun/Creole recipes. This is our quick take on red beans & rice.
- Ready In:
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red beans, do not drain (I buy the New Orleans Style beans)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional depending on how smokey your sausage is)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring water to boil, add remaining ingredients and cook on medium low for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter, lightly brown sausage.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on medium low while cooking rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION