Dutch Shrimp Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a 5-quart pot over medium-high heat; add flour and cook, stirring, until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in broth; return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth, thick and boiling.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add milk and cream; then stir in parsley, paprika, dill, lemon juice, and tomato paste.
- Cook just until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook for 1 more minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful soup that's very very pretty. Don't care for dill so substituted fresh chopped basil and used 1 cup fat free half and half with the balance in milk. It works beautifully because there is flour in the recipe-it won't separate. I had larger shrimp on hand and think they worked very well. Thanks for a great supper, Hey Jude.