Dutch Oven Pork Chops And Potatoes
photo by Theresa G.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Trim some fat from chops.
- Place fat in dutch-oven.
- Over medium heat; cook fat until light brown.
- Using spoon press and rub fat over bottom of dutch oven.
- Discard extra fat.
- Add Chops and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- In remaining fat cook potatoes, carrots and onions until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Adding salad oil if necessary.
- Return chops to dutch oven.
- Arranging vegetables over and around chops.
- Stir in tomatoes with there liquid and remaining ingredients except peas.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chops and potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and heat threw.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I got a "Very good" from my picky eater husband! I didn't do any of the steps 1-5 (trimming and using the fat from the pork chops). I just used olive oil to brown the chops in. I also used the salt and pepper to season the chops before I browned them and increased the chicken bouillon to about 2 teaspoons. I found it easier to stir in the tomatoes (I used fire-roasted) and other ingredients before I added the chops back into the pan, then I just nestled them down into the vegies. The simmer time of 45 minutes was just perfect for tender and juicy chops. Thank you Theresa for posting. I'm sure I'll be making this again!