Dutch Oven Dove
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Sauté bacon in a Dutch oven.
- Remove bacon and reserve.
- Brown doves slowly in bacon drippings and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to a plate.
- Brown flour in drippings and add bouillon.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add mushrooms and return doves to pan.
- Add bay leaf and cloves.
- Put bacon on top.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add sherry and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cook 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!