MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The perfect brunch or breakfast menu item. Bring it to the table as soon as it comes out of the oven. A dutch baby, or German Pancake, is a cross between a souffle and an omelet. You have to try it.
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (pinch)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (to taste)
- lemon wedge (to taste)
- whipped cream (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or ovenproof frying pan in the oven to preheat. While the pan is preheating, prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Beat well to combine. The batter should be thin, but smooth and creamy.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and coat it with the butter.
- Pour the prepared batter into the skillet all at once, and immediately return the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, dusting the Dutch Baby with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
- Optional, squirt some lemon juice over the ducth baby as you eat it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION