Dutch Apple Dessert
- Ready In:
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup nuts, chopped
- With food processor, mix butter and biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir into apple mixture. Pour into parchment paper lined 9" square baking dish.
- TOPPING: With food processor, mix biscuit mix, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- BAKE: Bake in preheated 325F oven until golden, about 1 hour. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- NOTES: For best results use baking apples such as Cortland, Empire, Golden Delicious or a combination of all three.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.