Durham House Peanut Bisque
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Durham House was Waxahachie's finest restaurant for many years. It is now closed but this recipe was given to a patron as a wedding gift.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups strong chicken stock
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- freshly chopped chives
- Saute the celery and onion in the butter in a skillet until tender. Transfer to a blender container. Process until smooth.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a large saucepan. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Cook over medium heat until blended, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the chicken stock gradually. Cook until the mixture begins to boil and thicken, whisking constantly.
- Stir in the peanut butter, half and half, salt, pepper, paprika and Tabasco sauce.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with chopped chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION