Dump Swiss Steak (Oamc)
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb round steak (approx)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef and onion soup mix (dry)
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix (dry)
- mashed potatoes
- Cut steaks into portion sized pieces. Combine all ingredients together in a gallon ziploc bag. (You can brown meat first if desired, but not necessary.).
- Freeze at this stage, if desired. (Note: If frozen, thaw before baking).
- Transfer to baking dish, Bake covered at 350 for 1 ½ hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe could not be easier, and DH really enjoyed it (I don't eat beef). He raved about the flavor, and I was thrilled to have another "take out of the freezer, thaw and throw into the crockpot" dinner recipe. Agree with the others that the sodium is a bit high, but perhaps next time I'll create my own seasoning mix. Thanks for the recipe!
see 11 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm currently a stay at home mom to two boys (7 and 5). Most of the time I feel like this is more challenging than my old job as an IT analyst! My husband is super, and is supportive of anything I do - currently addicted to zaar! We've been married 9 years, both our second time around). <br /> <br />I love scrapbooking, cloth diapering, organizing, getting things for really good deals, and spending time with my family. We're in the process of going green and having lots of fun doing it. I have an Etsy store: www.winkydinks.etsy.com<br /> <br />My rating system: <br />5 stars - outstanding. Save this one for company or make it very often for ourselves. <br />4 stars - very good. Something we would definitely make again (and again). <br />3 stars - was good. Tastes may not have suited us but was a good recipe. May or may not try it again. <br />2 stars - was ok. Probably would not make again. <br />1 star - didn't turn out, would not make again. <br /> <br /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/pt-shutterbug-banner-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg alt= /></p>