Dump-It-In Rhubarb Cake
A neighbor gave me this recipe and I'm passing it on to you!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -2 dash cinnamon
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to coat the rhubarb
- Spread rhubarb in an 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and dry jello powder.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over sugar.
- Pour a cup of water evenly over mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 350 F for 30 minutes or so until cake is done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I printed this up for my mom-in-law. The flavor was good, but very runny, did not rise and the cake batter on the top did not even bake. She did followed the instructions exactly, that was the reason I chose this for her, for I thought it would be fail-proof, despite the other reviews. Thanks anyway!Reply
see 4 more