- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 cups natural yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dukkah
- First, combine all of the marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Marinate the chicken strips in this mixture for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, and line a baking tray with waxed paper.
- Put all of the breadcrumb ingredients in a food processor, and give it a few quick pulses, to mix the cheese through evenly (If you're using powdered cheese, you can skip this step, and just put it straight into a bowl, and stir it through with a fork).
- Dip each piece of marinated chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, being sure to coat it thoroughly and evenly.
- Place the chicken pieces on the baking tray, and give them a quick spray of olive oil.
- Bake at 180ºC for 25 minutes, then turn them all over, and give them another 15 minutes.
- Serve with Mediterranean Fried Cous Cous (#388661), and Herb, Lemon, and Garlic Dressing (#178208).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good! The directions seem a little jumbled, but I figured it all out =D I decided to leave the breasts whole rather than make strips, but I know it would be great both ways. This was really delicious!! I've never had dukkah before but you've created a new fan. The only thing I would change next time would be to shake off the excess yogurt mixture before breading and to bake on a rack to enhance crispiness. Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe.