National Antiguan Dish (caribbean)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash allspice
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preparations for making Ducuna. First grate.the sweet potatoes and add sugar. Leave for a while it will spring water from mixture so. You do not have to add water at anytime.
- Add spices and raisin, mix in the flour. You may proceed to add a little bit of water, if the mixture seems to be too watery add a bit more flour.
- Spoon some of mixture in the foil paper. You maybe able to make about 5 individual Ducuna from the above recipe.
- Wrap the Ducuna and place right into boiling water and boil for 45 minutes until they are firm. It will be hot. Carefully unwrap and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavour was pretty carrot muffin like, while the texture was like a very dense and dry carrot cake. I used all the optional ingredients and orange sweet potatoes. For the sugar I used raw cane sugar and I used my own gluten free flour mixture. I did a little research and found this is usually eaten with salt fish so I sprinkled them with a good amount of sea salt. Because they were dry I felt they needed some fat, butter would have been good but we are dairy free. After adding a little dripping of canola oil and the salt I would rate them up from 2 stars to 3. I did not even try to serve them to DH. This is not something I would make again. Photo posted. Made for ZWT5 For Cooks With Dirty Faces.Reply