Duck With Honey-Peppercorn Sauce
- Ready In:
- Heat heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Cook duck, skin side down, until skin is dark brown and fat is rendered, about 5 minutes.
- Turn duck over and cook to desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off drippings from skillet.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and gherkins and sauté until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and honey and boil until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in all peppercorns and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and whisk until sauce is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice duck crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Fan duck slices on plates.
- Spoon peppercorn sauce over and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!