Duck Breast With Griottines
photo by Lotte26
- Ready In:
- Score the skin of the duck breasts. Heat a heavy-bottomed frying pan. Cook the duck breasts on medium heat, skin side first.
- After 8 min, turn them over without piercing them and cook for another 6 minute Season with salt and pepper. Keep the breasts warm on a plate, covered with aluminium foil.
- Discard the cooking fat and in the same frying pan, bring the sherry vinegar to the boil and reduce for 1 min on a high heat. Add the Cherry brandy and the Griottines, cook for about 5 min on low heat, shaking the pan from time to time to move the fruit without damaging them.
- Return the duck breasts to the pan, with the cooking juices from the plate. Reheat them with the cherries for 2 to 3 minute.
- Cut the breasts into slices. Arrange them on warm plates, sprinkle with chopped tarragon, add the Griottines and serve immediately with a small herb salad garnished with croutons and lardons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!