photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- Cut veggies into chunks and saute in the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In large soup pan, heat milk to a weak boil.
- Thicken with a roux made from 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Blend in cheese, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and sauteed veggies.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Great served with French bread!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This soup is fit for a queen! I loved it and it smells awesome! I followed your recipe precisely but i reduced the portions to make 2 servings, but it was more like 4 servings. I also added some mushrooms, and found that this soup was just right as it is. No need for salt and pepper or any other seasonings. The cheese gives it all the flavor you'll need. Mine was done in 20 minutes but i let mine simmer a little longer to find out if the doubled time was an improvement. In this case it was not and I wish i had taken it off the stove after 20-25 minutes when i taste tested it. After 45 minutes of simmering on the stove, it seemed to have lost some of its original flavor. So becareful not to over do it! It still tasted greate anyway! Definetly a keeper i'll be making this again. Thanks!