photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
3 dressed bananas
- 1 banana, per person
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, enough to coat the banana
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped
- Chop the peanuts into small pieces. They should be like the chopped peanuts you sprinkle on a sundae.
- Peel the banana, and cut into 3 pieces. Smaller bananas will make 2 sections.
- Rub the outside of the banana with a thin coat of mayo. Just enough for the peanuts to stick. Too much will just make them a goopy mess. You can use a brush for this, but I always just used my nice clean hands. It's just enough to make the banana shiny with the mayo coating. You may not use the entire 1 Tbsp of mayo, so don't worry if you have some leftover.
- Roll the banana in the chopped peanuts to completely cover. There should be an even coating of peanuts on the banana pieces, in a single layer.
- Put them on the serving plate, and wrap the plate with plastic wrap. Put them in the fridge until ready to eat. These are best if eaten the same day so the nuts stay crunchy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have a great career and I cook for therapy on my off days. I am married and have 3 furbabies. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, but food has to taste good!! I have taken many of our favorite recipes and tweaked them for a healthier lifestyle. I like to do a big cooking on the weekend and stock our freezer, but I also love the quick and healthy recipes that I can throw together in a flash. </p>