- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 3 cups raisins
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 2 compressed yeast cakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup ground or chopped almonds
- 1 cup candied lemon peel, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup candied orange peel, finely diced
- butter, for brushing
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Soak Raisins overnight in rum.
- Prepare yeast dough with flour, milk, yeast, sugar, salt and butter.
- Work in almonds, peels, nutmeg and raisins into dough, kneading well after each. Rest for 1 hour.
- Knead dough again, divide in health, shape into stollen shape.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350ËšF for 1 hour.
- While the stollen is war, brush it with melted butter and dust thickly with confectioners sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE-- **Jesus--my savior **life **working at the zoo **cooking fun new healthy food..and when my family actually eats it **cleaning **gardening-- especially flowers that attract butterflies ** MUSIC - piano is my release from stressful life **my family!! **being yearbook editor and nhs president!! <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif"> <img src="http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1984/jefesdelabk5.jpg">