Dragon Hair Candy or Dragon Beard Candy
photo by Gillian Spence
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- Bring corn syrup to boil over mild heat for 5 mins until thick.
- Put into refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Dig a hole in the middle of corn syrup& coat with glutinous rice flour.
- Stretch along the hole, when it becomes a big ring and make it to 8 shape like 2 small rings and put 2 rings together.
- Repeat till it like silk.
- Finely ground the peanuts, mix it with sugar.
- Cut the silk sugar into 6- 8 pieces, wrap it with peanut mixture.
- Keep covered as it will clump once it is exposed to moisture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey Everyone! Greetings from Sunny Singapore! I'm am so glad to have found this site. It is waaaayyy better than other sites I've been. I have about 240 cookbooks and my faves are the older cookbooks I got from my mom as I prefer from scratch cooking. I have created several cookbooks dedicated to the use of eggs. I have come across a number of recipes requests for using up lots of eggs. So there they are. http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/123897/Backtattoos.jpg The above is a picture of me at my office's Annual Christmas cum costume party. I won first prize with that orange costume! The one with the (fake) Tattoos was taken in Dec 2007 when I again won first prize. I love spicy food and the many different kinds of chilli dips different foods calls for!! Love baking, cross stitching, trying my hand now in shoe beading and patchwork and now doing a course on aromatherapy. Oh and am now trying to raise a flower and herb garden but it is not easy as I am a newbie at that too! In some of my recipes, you will note that there is a letter in brackets at the beginning of the name. This is what it means : (A) : Aromatherapy/Homeopathic/Less toxic I'm not crazy about recipes using pre-mix cakes as I am a more from-scratch person. My recipes will have the local name (when applicable) as well as the anglicised name, eg "Au Nee (Sweet Yam Paste). If I had a month off, I'd be in Texas.