Down Home Grilled Hamburgers
I can honestly say I will never ever make another kind of grilled hamburger. These are wonderful. I found this recipe online a few years back and make them as often as I can. The ingredients sound a little strange because of the sour cream, but I think that's what makes them so good. Make sure to keep the patties well chilled until ready for the grill. I generally double or even triple this recipe for company. *NOTE: Make sure these burgers are chilled very well, otherwise they will fall apart on the grill.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped, with tops
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
Toppings Of Your Choice
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- Mix sour cream, chopped green onions, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Mix this in with the ground meat until combined well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator until well chilled, otherwise they fall apart.
- I usually make them in the morning to cook early evening.
- Grill on Medium High heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve on Hamburger bun with toppings to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These turned out nicely for me... I liked the soft texture. I used light sour cream, and about 1/4 cup regular onion, and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes before grilling... would have done it longer, but that is all the time I had. These will certainly get another go. I'll probaby do a bit more seasoning, but wanted to try it as is the first time. Thank you for the recipe. :)Reply