Down-Home Banana Pudding
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- Combine sugar and flour with a wire whisk in a heavy saucepan until completely smooth (no flour clumps).
- Whisk in eggs and milk, until thoroughly combined, getting out as many lumps as possible. Add butter (a cold square of butter is fine - it will melt).
- Heat over medium-low heat and stir continuously until pudding reaches a thick consistency. This should take about 30-35 minutes (the pudding should drip off the whisk in individual clumps, not one long string. And, if left unstirred, it will immediately bubble slowly, looking much like “The Bog of Eternal Stench” from the movie Labyrinth).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Layer pudding, wafers, and sliced bananas, and end with a pudding layer (I use a 12 cup #4 Rubbermaid tupperware container for this - it fits perfectly).
- Decorate the top with vanilla wafers, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?