- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- One cup sugar, one cup milk, 2 eggs beaten fine as silk, salt and nutmeg (lemon will do), of baking powder teaspoons two.
- Lightly stir the flour in, roll on pieboard not too thin.
- Cut in diamonds, twists, or rings; drop with care the doughy things - into fat that briskly swells, evenly the spongy cells.
- Watch with care the time for turning, fry them brown just short of burning.
- Roll in sugar, serve when cool, price a quarter for this rule.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
So, I'm sick and in the hospital, but my husband has been cooking for the ZWT9 challenges and for himself and our kids. They really enjoyed this easy donut recipe for breakfast and he said it was easy to prepare. I will definitely be making this for our family when I get home and recooperated. Made for team Tasty Testers during ZWT9.
DH took on this recipe for us this morning, and it did not disappoint. We did reduce it by half, and still got 12 + doughnuts. He did have to add a bit of flour (1-2 TBSP.) as the dough was sticky, but it is humid as heck here, so that may have also contributed to the dough's viscosity. We used the deep fryer on 350º and they cooked for 4-5 minutes. We then shook them in some sugar and cinnamon sugar. Next time, I may make a glaze, but they were good, as is. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Dienia B.