Double Tomato & Brie Sandwiches
photo by ddav0962
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- In small bowl, combine dried tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar.
- Cut each loaf of Italian bread horizontally in half.
- Evenly spread dried tomato mixture on cut sides of bread.
- Arrange Brie on bottom halves of both loaves and top with tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Replace tops of loaves.
- Slice each loaf into eight pieces.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: I think this sandwich tastes best when allowed to sit in the refrigerator for about an hour or so for all the flavors to blend well.
- Also, I like the sun-dried tomatoes packed in lightly salted olive oil and herbs.
- If you use the unseasoned variety, you may want to lightly salt the tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this on a much smaller scale, using a mini baguette to make sandwiches for my husband to enjoy while watching sport!!! This really is a decadent sandwich, the sun-dried tomatoes absolutely make it, and fresh tomatoes, brie and basil, you cant go wrong. Definitely a keeper, thank you *That Girl*, a super recipe, made for Alphabet tag game.
I feel so special. This sandwich is a treat for your senses. Not only does it look gorgeous, the aroma of it from the fresh basil and sun-dried tomato mixture had me drooling! Exquisite. I would actually do a twist at a later date and leave the 1/2's separate (open-faced), slice into strips and serve these as an hors d'oeuvres. They are that impressive AND that good! Thanks for sharing *That Girl*. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.