Double - Lemon Roast Chicken
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 35mins
1 large chicken
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed lemon balm leaves
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 lbs organic fresh roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 organic lemon, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (use lemon thyme if you have it)
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, lemon balm, salt and pepper. Set aside. (This can be done ahead of time.).
- Remove chicken from the fridge 1 hour before roasting. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Loosen the skin (or make shallow incisions) all over and stuff with the compound butter.
- Rub the outside of the bird with paprika and Kosher salt and place the lemon quarters and thyme sprig in the cavity.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, then turn the bird over and roast a further 30-35 minutes, until done.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard stuffing before carving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"