Double-Drizzle Pecan Cookies
photo by SteelerSue
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 square semisweet chocolate (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the pecans, covering completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake a 350º for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in confectioner's sugar. Immediately drizzle over cookies.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of the caramel on the cookies. Let stand until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a transplanted NYer living in SoCal since 1983. I have really begun to miss weather and seasons. I have been a special education teacher for 27 years. I have 2 sons, ages 14 and 15 so food is a priority in our house. We have 2 cats and an extremely energetic 7 month old boxer/pit bull mix. I love to read. I have really begun to love to cook and have gotten pretty good. I enjoy this site so much and actually miss browsing when I don't have the time. My boys are both great athletes, so sports are big in our house. I am a die-hard Yankee fan as well as a fanatic Steelers fan.