Double-Coated Chicken Supreme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 lbs frying chickens (cleaned and patted dry)
- Measure rice krispies cereal. Crush to 2 cups.
- Place in shallow dish or pan. Stir in paprika.
- Set aside. In a seasoned shallow dish or pan, beat egg and milk until foamy.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning mix until smooth. Dip chicken in batter.
- Coat with crushed cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up, in well-greased or foil lined shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter. bake at 350°F about 1 hour. Do not cover pan or turn chicken.
Join The Conversation
I had saved this in my file months ago. Kept battleing with the rice krispies and how they would taste. I thought this was good. I would redo a couple of things next time. First, my fault, I used bone in, skin on breasts. Next time, I would at least remove the skin. The topping didn't get near as crunchy as it could have because of this. Secondly, I think I would add a bit more of spices. Maybe some garlic salt or even some lemon pepper. Something to give it some 'umph'. All in all it was a good dish though. Thanks!
This will become a regular at our table!I used boneless skinless breasts, and cut down on the baking time by 15-20 minutes. Chicken was moist and tender, very crispy on the outside. I'm going to "fine tune" and experiment with different spice combinations in the "wet" batter ie: adding dry mustard,or a garlic ranch dip mix, or blue cheese flavor just to see how great that would be! Thanks for sharing this great oven fried recipe.