Double Berry Kringle
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 50mins
2 danish rings
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped fine
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix together filling ingredients; set aside.
- Prepare the dough by adding flour, sugar, yeast, salt, butter and shortening to the food processor; pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal; transfer to another bowl.
- Stir in sour cream so that it forms a dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half; pat each half into a 7 in x 3 in rectangle.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes; place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove dough half from freezer and roll out to a 28 in x 5 in rectangle.
- Cover half the dough (lengthwise) with half the filling, then fold over and pinch edges to seal; shape into an oval by inserting ends into each other and pinching to seal.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours.
- Repeat with other half.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; brush each danish with the egg and bake until golden brown, about 40 to 50 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over danish and let set for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span> </span></p> <p>We may live without poetry, music and art;</p> <p> </p> <p>We may live without conscience and live without heart;</p> <p>We may live without friends; we may live without books,</p> <p>But civilized man cannot live without cooks.</p> <p> </p> <p>He may live without books -- what is knowledge but grieving?</p> <p>He may live without hope-- what is hope but deceiving?</p> <p>He may live without love -- what is passion but pining?</p> <p>But where is the man that can live without dining?</p> <p>-- Owen Meredith</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>I'm an all-American original, having lived in Hawaii, New York, Texas, South Carolina, and Miami. I also served 7 years in the US Army. My husband is from Bogota, Colombia and has also lived in the former Soviet Union. But now we are both in NY.</p> <p> </p> <p>Tomasi enjoyes a bath!</p> <p><br /><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view&current=tomas.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/tomas.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />Some of my recipes:</p> <p> <object width=480 height=360 data=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw type=application/x-shockwave-flash> <param name=data value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=src value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=wmode value=transparent /> </object> <a href=http://photobucket.com/slideshows target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn.gif alt=/ /></a><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view?t=12cdcf0a.pbw target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn_viewallimages.gif alt=/ /></a> <br /> <br /> <br />I also have the genealogy bug! I've been tracing my roots for at least 10 years. One branch came to America just after the Mayflower in the early 1600s. Others came in the early 1700s, late 1890s. So, my American roots run pretty deep and I am deeply patriotic. Just wish someone had thought to same me some land!</p>