Donut Sticks With Chocolate Sauce
photo by dojemi
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts peanut oil, for frying
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for dusting
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls (recommended -- Pillsbury)
- chocolate sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough peanut oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice the seamless dough sheets into 1-inch strips from the shorter length of the dough.
- Make sure that the strips are not longer than your deep-fryer is wide.
- Twist each dough strip, and then drop, 3 at a time, into the fryer. Fry the donut sticks until golden brown and crisp, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, flipping with tongs about half way through.
- Remove the donuts from the fryer and dust with the cinnamon-.
- sugar mixture.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the first 6 chocolate sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the chocolate, vanilla, and butter and stir until the sauce is
- Serve chocolate sauce on the side for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!