Donna Hay's Apple Upside-Down Syrup Cakes
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 160C (200F).
- Stir 90g butter, brown sugar and water together in a saucepan until butter is melted. Then stir in apple slices and cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon apples equally into 6 x 1 cup muffin tins or ramikins. put a few tablespoons of syrup in with the apple slices as well. Reserve the remaining syrup for later.
- Prepare the cake batter: Put all the ingredients in a bowl together. Mix until combined. Then spoon the batter equally over apples.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in the tin, then flip onto serving plates. Serve with extra caramel sauce and ice cream or unsweetened cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!