Domino's Sliced Italian Sausage Large Hand-Tossed Pizza Recipe
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found it online from top secret recipes.
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 15mins
- 16 ounces bottled water (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast (not rapid-rise yeast)
- 13 ounces bread flour
- 12 ounces hi-gluten flour (such as Bouncer)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal, for tossing dough
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in water.
- Combine flours and salt in a mixer using a paddle.
- When yeast solution begins to foam, pour into flour along with oil. Use a dough hook to mix until all ingredients come together. Knead with dough hook for 5 minutes. Place dough in a plastic bag and then into your refrigerator for two days.
- Make the sauce by pureeing the crushed tomatoes in a blender until smooth, then combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. When mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, then chill in a covered container until you make your pizza.
- When you are ready to make pizza, preheat a convection oven to 450° (or conventional oven to 475°).
- Divide the dough in half. Form half of the dough into a dough ball on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle cornmeal on a clean flat surface and begin to stretch out the dough, using your hands until you have stretched it enough to fit on a 14-inch pizza screen. Lay the dough onto the screen, and stretch it to form a perfect circle to the edge of the screen.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the pizza dough leaving about a 1-inch margin at the edge.
- Sprinkle about 4 cups of the shredded cheese blend over the sauce. Don't worry if some falls onto the edge of the dough.
- Sprinkle about 2 cups of sliced italian sausage on the cheese. Don't worry if some falls on the edge of the dough.
- Bake pizza for a little-bit over 10 minutes or until cheese and crust begins to brown.
- While the pizza bakes, make the garlic oil spread by melting margarine in microwave oven or in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a mortar and pestle (or your fingers and a small bowl) to crush the dried parsley into smaller bits. Remove melted margarine from the heat and add Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and salt.
- When pizza is done, remove it from the oven and brush crust with garlic oil spread. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut pizza into 8 slices. Repeat process for second large pizza.
- Makes 2 large pizzas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION