These are the best cupcakes I have made. All the children love them except possibly someone who cannot eat cheese as there is cream cheese in them. I am posting this recipe as I have lost the paper I have it on several times and figure it will be safer here and all of you can try it too.
- Ready In:
- cream cheese, topping
- 1 (125 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- cupcake batter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk.
- Stir in chips and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine water, oil and vinagar.
- Add to dry ingredient; mix well.
- Fill 18 paper lined medium sized muffin cups half full wtih chocolate batter, (I use the muffin scoup from Pampered chef for this).
- Top each with about 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture (small mini muffin scoup from pampered chef works good for this).
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.