Dominican Sweet Potatoes
This tasty recipe from the Dominican Republic is usually made with a type of island pumpkin called calabaza. I've adapted it to use with regular sweet potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add both types of onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, mixing with the onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to skillet. Mix well. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more