photo by Skylar H.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- one stick celery
- one carrot
- one grass-fed pasture-raised hot dog (or other meat)
- handful green beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 ounce great lakes beef gelatin
- 1 cup beef broth (I used better than bouillon) or 1 cup chicken broth (I used better than bouillon)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter (peanut butter works too)
- Cut up veggies and meat finely and cook in a small skillet with 1-2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil for 5-10 minutes (or until lightly brown).
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl and slowly add gelatin, stirring quickly. Add broth, veggies/meat and almond (peanut) butter to gelatin mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and put it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Once gelatin is firm, cut into cubes and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Edit: you can use silicone molds for this recipe too, but make sure that your mixture has cooled at least to the point it doesn't burn your finger. Silicone isn't healthy and can be harmful to your dogs health if heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!