Djemma El Fna Harira Soup
photo by AngiC
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils
- 8 -10 cups water or 8 -10 cups broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2⁄3 cup vermicelli or 2/3 cup angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- Saute onions, celery, and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add all spices (except salt) and saute another few minutes.
- Add lentils and saute another few minutes.
- Add liquid and tomatoes.
- When lentils are tender, add salt, can of chickpeas, and minced herbs (you can reserve some of the herbs to top the bowls when serving if you like).
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add pasta and cook until done.
- Add lemon juice and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!