DIY Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
photo by TheNibbleNook
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon molasses, unsulphured
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Process or shake until all of the ingredients are well combined. Note: If you use a blender the sauce may lighten in color and get very bubbly from the added air. The sauce will settle into a dark color and the bubbles will dissolve after a few minutes.
- Although you can use this immediately, I find the flavors meld best and spices dissolve a bit a few hours after it’s made.
- Shake before each use.
- Makes about 8 ounces or 48 teaspoons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy creating and sharing recipes that my family finds tasty.