MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from an old cookbook my granny gave to me from the Extension Homemakers dated 1978. It would be wonderful paired with homemade mashed taters & fresh skillet fried (creamed) corn. Enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, poultry seasoning & black pepper~set aside.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the buttermilk.
- Then Roll the buttermilk dipped chicken pieces into the cornmeal mixture.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a well buttered baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until tender and no longer pink.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION