Divine Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 16 ounces penne, cooked
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add milk, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 c parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in spinach.
- Add pasta, tossing to coat.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a Marine Corps wife and mother of two children with skin and three with fur. I consider myself a "southern cook", but I love to try new stuff, too. I'm also a registered nurse and my specialty is Neonatal ICU. We are currently stationed near Washington, DC and we really, really could not hate it more. We are not big city people. We prefer the quiet mountains of Vermont, where my husband is from. I am into my own spirituality, and love to study religions of different kinds.