Divine Brie, Mushroom and Rosemary Bruschetta
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 12 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced (button, oyster and or or shiitake)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Add garlic to olive oil, mix well.
- Toast sourdough bread; brush one side with with olive oil (no need to use all oil).
- Lay brie slices over toast.
- Lightly saute mushrooms in butter, add rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill bruschetta slices until brie is soft and begins to run.
- Place toast on plates and smother with mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
This is good but I can't rate it 5 stars, it was something about the mushrooms. I made ours gluten free using rice cakes but did not take that into account on the rating since I know bread would be yummier. I used button mushrooms, butter, sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients.
This was absolutely delightful! I did not have sour dough bread but used a small rustic pane di casa. Otherwise, I made this exactly as posted. I would only caution to be careful with salting the mushrooms, as the brie really has enough salt. When I asked my boyfriend if he thought this would be a good appetizer to serve to guests, he said "Only if you don't want them to leave". Bravo, Deantini, another winner! Made for ZWT7 by a Hot Pink Lady.