Disney's Peanut Butter Pie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled until lukewarm
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff (no substitutions such as Cool Whip)
- 1 8-inch baked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the pie filling: With an electric mixer, blend the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the melted butter to peanut butter mixture, then fold in whipped cream. Pour into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for one hour before serving. If desired, glaze with ganache.
- Ganache: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in chocolate until no streaks of white remain. Cool until lukewarm and then glaze cake. Refrigerate an additional one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our family moved to Florida from New York in the 90's, so I've brought not only many of the recipes my family has passed down, but have learned to cook some great Southern dishes as well.? When I found RZ, it opened up a whole new world of cooking -- cuisine from different countries, tried-and-true family hand-me-down recipes, and some interesting and delicious dishes I would never have found on my own.