This recipe is courtesy of the bakery at Disneyland.
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
For the dough:
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten.
For the topping:
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle
- the top of the cookie before baking.
- Bake 8 minutes or until cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The dough seems very gooey, refridgerating it for at least an hour before baking helps. I make balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar and I don't flatten them, just how I've always made snickerdoodles. I also don't grease the baking sheet, just use foil or parchment paper for easy clean up. These come out puffy and perfect even with those deviations from the recipe. They are too soft to eat straight from the oven, I let them cool on a cooling rack. They are soft and delicious and stay soft even when stored in a container for a few days (not that they last more than a day usually when I make them)Reply
see 19 more