Disappearing Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by creativelyvegan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces vegan butter (unsalted nonhydrogenated, room temperature)
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to evenly combine; set aside.
- 3. Place the margarine and sugar in the bowl and mix until light and fluffy (I do this by hand, but an electric mixer makes the process quicker). Scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the brown sugar (be sure to crumble the sugar while adding, instead of as a packed lump), canola oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined well.
- 4. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding in the flour mixture slowly (do not overmix).
- 5. Add the chocolate chips and raisins.
- 6. Using hands, tightly pack and roll dough into balls roughly 1 inch in diameter. Arrange balls on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 1-1/2 to 2 inches between each cookie ball. Press each ball down to slightly flatten, making sure that they don't crumble apart in the process. Bake one sheet at a time until the cookies are just golden brown around the edges, about 15-17 minutes (start checking your cookies at 11 minutes, as each oven is different). Let baked cookies cool on parchment paper, or a cooling rack.
- 7. Share and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!