Di's Mango Mousse Trifle
- Place mangoes and their syrup in electric blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- Place mangoes in large bowl add orange rind, lemon rind and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Stand bowl over simmering water, stir until gelatine has dissolved and allow to cool slightly.
- Gradually add gelatine mixture to mango mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Beat egg white until firm peaks form.
- beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white and cream into mango mixture. Cut sponge cake into cubes and place in the bottom of a serving bowl, Sprinkle combined milk and r um over cake. Pour mango mixture over.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours until set. Beat extra cream until firm peaks form.
- Spoon into piping bag with nozzle attached.
- Pipe around edge of mango mousse trifle. * extra mango slices may be chopped up and piled into centre of mousse. * Apricots can be substituted for mangoes if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!