Dinner in a Hurry - Smoked Chicken Roll Ups
- Ready In:
- Slice chicken into 1/4-inch (0. 5-cm) strips.
- Cut avocado into slices& carrots into thin julienned strips.
- Grate peel from lime and stir into sour cream along with hot sauce.
- To assemble, lay tortillas flat.
- Place chicken strips in a line across middle of each tortilla.
- Top with carrot and avocado.
- Dab with sour cream, scatter coriander or green onion& top with a little lettuce.
- Roll each into a cigar shape.
- If not eating right away, wrap each roll in waxed paper, twist ends& refrigerate for up to half a day.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Dear CL, I made this recipe using chapatis as Tortillas are not easily avlbl. This was the first time we have tasted avacado I bought just one for this recipe (expensive) may be I will not use it the next time. Not used to the taste I guess or maybe the quality of the fruit I bought was not good. :)I used home made sour cream (with yoghurt and cornflour) and a combo of spring onion and coriander. It was pretty good apart from the avocado. :) Fay
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">