Diner Style Salisbury Steak
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just like we had for hot lunch at school! Quick and easy, and real comfort food. Not too bad for you, either.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Mix together 1/3 can of soup with meat, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Make sure the turkey and beef are fully mixed together.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray. Form meat mixture into oval shaped patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook patties in pan over medium high heat until edges appear to be cooked, then turn them over. Continue cooking until they are cooked almost all the way through. (It helps to do this in two batches so that they are not crowded and can get nice and brown.).
- Remove a few of the patties and keep warm on a plate in a low oven, leaving 3 or so in the pan. Add the water and let it sizzle around the remaining patties for about 30 seconds.
- Stir together remaining soup, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and Kitchen Bouquet and wine, if using (and I recommend both). Pour in pan with water and stir to incorporate. Simmer for 5 minutes until bubbly, reducing the heat if necessary. Add water as needed to keep consistency of sauce smooth.
- Add remaining meat patties and fresh mushrooms to pan and press mushrooms down into the sauce. Cover pan and cook additional 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION