Dill Butter for Asparagus
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl combine softened butter, dill and lemon juice; mix well until blended.
- Place on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a long log, if necessary, refrigerate butter until firm enough to shape into a roll).
- Refrigerate the butter mixture until firm, at least one and a half hours or up to 2 weeks.
- Steam or boil asparagus (any amount) until crisp-tender; drain and place on a platter.
- Slice cold butter log about 1/4-inch thick, and place on asparagus.
- **NOTE** To steam asparagus (this is my favorite way!) Place 1 pound of asparagus (or any amount desired) and two tablespoons or any amount of dill butter over the veggies.
- Bring long edges of foil together, and fold over to seal.
- Crimp ends tightly.
- Place the "packet" on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- This can be done on an outdoor grill also.
- Carefully open foil to let steam escape.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This method may be done with any veggies.
- Absolutely delicious!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!