DiGrassie's Spaghetti Sauce
- Heat the oil over med-high heat in a large, heavy pot.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add the ground chuck and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, until the meat is crumbled and thoroughly browned.
- Stir in the garlic, mushrooms, parsley, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sugar, and basil.
- Decrease the heat to med-low, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the wine, replace the cover, and simmer for 1 hour more.
- Serve at once over hot cooked spaghetti or cool and cover.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 year.
Join The Conversation