Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds
photo by moose_kristi
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) prebaked whole wheat prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus 2 tsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 12 ounces escarole, well washed and cut into 1/2-in-wide ribbons
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a large (12-inch) skillet, combine 1/4 cup water, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Add escarole, large handfuls at a time, adding more to pan as each batch wilts. Cover and cook until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and remaining 2 tsp water. Brush onto pizza shell and place it on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Remove pizza shell from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F Brush top of pizza shell with tomato paste. Top with escarole and then spoonfuls of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake until crust is crisp and almonds start to brown, 3-5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!